Learning Support Staff
|SENCO||Miss E. Palmer||
|Deputy SENCO||Miss L. Wade|
|Learning Support Assistants:||Mrs. I. Blackburn|
|Mrs. J. Frackelton|
|Mrs. W. Gibbons|
|Mrs. A. Parkinson|
|Mrs. J. Prescott|
|Mrs. A. Robinson|
|Mrs. R. Ball|
Bishop Rawstorne CE Academy strives to support all pupils including those with Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) in a variety of ways by an experienced and highly qualified team of staff both within the Learning Support Department and also from colleagues who work with us from other institutions. It is imperative that SEND pupils have access to a fulfilling and meaningful education with equal opportunity to achievement and participation across a broad balanced curriculum. The school recognises the importance of early identification and intervention in order to address the needs of SEND pupils, as identified in the Special Educational Needs and Disability Code of Practice:0 to 25 Year (2014).
Our team support students who have a wide range of needs from physical difficulties, to learning difficulties, to behavioural issues as well as those who have difficulty with speech, language and communication. The quality of support given to those students helps them to achieve both in and out of the classroom, as staff have a number of specialisms and use these in their support of the student to develop independent learning and ensure a measure of challenge and support for SEND pupils.
For our Local Offer please click here.
For information on the LCC Local Offer for SEND provision please click here.
- Handwriting support group
- Speech, Language and Communication group
- Paired Reading through the Reader Leader Programme
- Homework Club (after school) – With Teaching Assistant Support
- Mentoring – Peer to Peer Support.
- IDL Programme - Involving sight, hearing, touch and voice.
- ADHD - https://www.adhdfoundation.org.uk/
- ASD - https://www.autism.org.uk/
- Asperger Syndrome - https://www.autism.org.uk/about/what-is/asperger.aspx
- Dyselxia - http://www.thedyslexia-spldtrust.org.uk/
- Dyscalculia - https://www.bdadyslexia.org.uk/dyslexia/neurodiversity-and-co-occurring-differences/dyscalculia-and-maths-difficulties
- Irlen Syndrome, Visual Stress -
- Social, Emotional, and Mental Health -
Learning Support Resources - Downloads
Advice and Support - Helpful Websites
Termly newsletter, free to download, full of events, support groups, and much more