|Rules & Safety Procedures|
|SMSC in PE||Birtish Values in PE||Enrichment Activities|
|For all the latest news on fixtures / results / extra-curricular / photos / events / GCSE PE / sporting trips / breaking news / fundraising then please click on and follow our twitter page @BR_PEdept #Getinspired.|
Key Stage 3 Physical Education
PE - Key Stage 3
All pupils study PE during Key Stage 3 & 4. At Key Stage 3 pupils have two 60 minute lessons a week and develop knowledge, skills and understanding in gymnastics, games, athletics and outdoor adventurous activities. At Key Stage 4 pupils currently have one 60 minute lesson and complete courses in games, health and fitness and athletics.
Subject Aims/ Purposes
Physical Education at Bishop Rawstorne Academy offers opportunities for pupils to:
- Develop pupil’s ability to perform skills and actions with increasing control, fluency and originality.
- Learn how to select and apply skills, tactics and compositional ideas with knowledge and understanding in different activities.
- Develop pupil’s observational skills, to allow them to effectively analyse, access and make improvements on their own and others work.
- Develop pupil’s knowledge and understanding of safe practice and their ability to demonstrate consistently due consideration for their own and others wellbeing.
- To set targets for themselves and compete against others both individually and as team players.
- To take initiative, lead activities and focus on improving aspects of their own performance.
- To develop positive attitudes to participation in physical activity and discover their own personal preferences.
- Understand what it takes to persevere, succeed and acknowledge others success.
- Make informed decisions about the importance of exercise in their lives.