Admissions Contact: Mrs S. Burt - email@example.com
(If you have problems accessing the downloads, Right Click the link and Save Link As / Save Target As etc.)
APPLYING FOR SCHOOL PLACES FOR SEPTEMBER 2018
Forms will be available after the Open Evening on 27 September 2017.
Please note if making an application to Bishop Rawstorne Church of England Academy you will also need to complete our Supplementary Admission form (available from the school). The closing date for the Supplementary Admission form to be returned is 31 October 2017. However, due to the fact that this date is during the half term holiday, we will accept these forms on Monday 6 November 2017.
Admissions Policy for September 2019 Intake
Procedure to follow when applying for a Place in Year 7 (September Intake)
- Every child in Year 6 will receive a booklet from Lancashire County Council, via their primary school. Within that booklet is a form which must be completed and returned to the child’s primary school. Alternatively, this form can be completed on-line via the Education Authority’s website.
- Supplementary Admission Form – this form is obtainable from Bishop Rawstorne Church of England Academy, it is essential that you obtain this form, complete and return it to the school by the due date.
Should your application fall within the tie-breaker section, it is information on the Supplementary Admissions form that is taken into consideration.
Procedure to follow when applying for a Mid-Term Place
As every year in the school is oversubscribed, the appeal’s procedure would have to be followed, therefore we would ask that you:
- Contact the school by telephone, in the first instance, to arrange a tour, to be attended by both the parent(s) and child concerned.
- After the tour the necessary forms will be handed to you. Upon completion of the forms these must be returned to Bishop Rawstorne Church of England Academy.
- Upon receipt of the forms, the child’s current school will be contacted for information concerning their attendance and behaviour records.
- Once all the necessary information and paperwork is received and completed by Bishop Rawstorne Church of England Academy, it is then sent to Lancashire Education Authority who arranges the date, time and venue of the independent appeal hearing – please note it is the Education Authority who will notify the appellant when the hearing will take place.