Mrs Duckworth is responsible for all charitable events run in school, as well as organising and being involved in some of the larger, non-charity based events that the school runs, such as the prom.
Currently we are setting up a school charity group which will allow students from all year groups to have a say in what charity events they would like school to support and to help organise these events.
Events supported over the past 12 months include:
- Macmillan Coffee Mornings - this year students baked and brought in their own amazing cakes! over £400 raised
- Supporting Ukranian and Afghanistan families in the area
- Supporting Leyland food bank with both non-uniform monies and food bank donations
- Donation of and decorating a Christmas tree for Croston Park care home
- Donation to Derian House in memory of Alex Cross, we have a small garden area for this and are also going to have a bench in this area
- Donations to personal charity events including Miss Ashcrofts 10k run, Mrs Winters 100 miles in September and several student event. if you are fund raising please get in touch - if we can we will donate!
If you want more information about any of these events please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Charity and Courageous Advocacy